Monday, March 7, 2011

The Power of the words "Thank you"

If any of you work with the public like me then you know what it is like to encounter all kinds of people with all kinds of attitudes.  Some look grouchy, some sound grouchy, some are angry and take it out on you the minute they see you even if you had nothing to do with the reason they are upset.

Then others come walking to you, you greet them and they stay silent.  You proceed to help them and then they turn and walk away without even saying a word, never mind a thank you.  It's just amazing to me that people expect you to roll out a red carpet for them and then they do not even have common courtesy.  What is that all about?

I think some people are just down right miserable.  Others I think put on this front of toughness while they are out.  But come on really.  What are you accomplishing by being rude to me?

As I write this I have people coming to me and the last 4 in a row didn't even say thank you for my helping them.  I know we are supposed to be the "bigger person" but when you are dealing with mostly rude all day, that can be very draining.

So the bottom line is, if you are one of those people who comes into a public place and does not respond to the person helping you or does not say thank you for the assistance or help that someone provides, I ask you that you consider a small smile and a thank you for the help you have received.  It's just common courtesy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment