Saturday, April 30, 2011

How to Create A Daily Schedule That Works

Man-with-check-sign-01

Eliminate the Obstacle of a Daunting Schedule

One of the biggest challenges I used to face on a daily basis was getting things done.  It is not because I didn't know all the things that needed to be done or because I didn't make a list.  The problem was, at the end of every day I felt like I had failed in getting everything done.  But the reason for that was not because I didn't have a list to follow.  There was so many things to get done that I realized I would never see the end of the list each day.  I felt like I wasn't getting anything accomplished. 

I realized that the problem was with the way I was organizing the things I needed to do.  I approached it a new way. 

Instead of working off of a long list of endless tasks every day, I found a better way.  This is what I do.  Following these steps:

Step 1.  Make a master list of ALL the tasks that need to be completed.

Step 2.  Prioritize all the tasks from most important to least important.

Step 3.  Now going down the list break it into lists of four or five tasks. 

Step 4.  Each day complete those four or five tasks.

As you can see from the steps I share above, this is the easiest way to get your tasks done.  By breaking them down into manageable micro schedules you are able to complete all the tasks in one day and at least you can feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction knowing that you have gotten everything on your list completed. 

By following these four simple tips I am able to get more accomplished every day.  Of course you will need to revise the master list as more things come up that need to be done, prioritizing them as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment